Avocado oil is a nutrient-dense oil that should be in everyone’s cupboard. Is avocado oil better than olive oil? Is avocado oil good for you? Let me tell you, avocado oil uses are plentiful. It’s great for cooking, skincare, and digestive health, and offers more benefits than I can list. Avocado oil benefits are great for your body too. Similarly, it might just be the next coconut oil… maybe. I share with you some great avocado oil recipes. You will love creamy lemon basil dressing recipe, homemade avocado mayonnaise, and my tamari ginger marinade recipe.
So what’s so great about avocado oil? What are some avocado oil benefits? Is avocado oil better than olive oil? Let me break it down for you.
Oleic Acid in Avocado Oil
The same fatty acid that makes olive oil so amazing, oleic acid is good for the immune system and can withstand oxidation much better than most oils. This makes it last longer without going rancid and better at withstanding high temperatures.
Avocado contains vitamin E, an important vitamin for healthy skin, hair, and nails. But, most importantly, vitamin E helps prevent the oxidative damage caused by free radicals.
Digestion Support With Avocado Oil
Avocado oil is great for gut health, for similar reasons as avocado itself. For example, cold-pressed avocado oil is rich in enzymes and healthy fats that help stimulate your body to repair itself. This is just one of the avocado oil benefits for your body. Try one of my recipes with a gut healthy salad recipe, like my Easy to Make Superfood Salad with Cilantro Tahini Dressing.
My Favorite Ways to Use Avocado Oil in Recipes
I love to make my own homemade mayonnaise, salad dressings, and marinades made with healthy avocado oil. Try some of my favorite avocado recipes below.
Homemade Avocado Mayonnaise
Homemade Avocado Oil Mayonnaise Recipe
- Add all ingredients to a wide-mouth mason jar, use an immersion blender, and lift up and down for 30 seconds. Presto, you’ve got delicious and nutritious homemade mayo!
- But, if you don’t have an immersion blender, you can use a regular blender. Start by adding the egg, and slowly drizzle in the avocado oil until thick. Add the other ingredients and enjoy!
Avocado Oil Salad Dressings and Marinades
Try swapping avocado oil into your favorite salad dressing and marinade recipes. These recipes are client favorites. Try this easy to make tamari ginger marinade recipe or creamy lemon basil dressing recipe.
- Fresh ginger is better for creating a more flavorful marinade. This avocado oil recipe is also great as a salad dressing.
- Freeze your fresh ginger and simply peel and grate before using in this recipe, as well as other stir-fry recipes. This is a great way to avoid food waste.
Tamari Ginger Marinade
Tamari Ginger Avocado Oil Marinade Recipe
- ¼ cup Tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1 inch piece Fresh Ginger (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Avocado Oil
- Add all ingredients to your blender and process until super smooth.
- Use as a marinade for chicken breasts, steak, tempeh, or pork chops. Add all ingredients to a small bowl or freezer bag. Add whatever ingredients you would like to marinate. Let the marinade marinate for about 3 to 4 hours before cooking.
- Discard used marinade after using.
- To use as a salad dressing, simply drizzle over your favorite fresh greens or even wilted greens.
Creamy Lemon Basil Dressing
Creamy Lemon Basil Dessing Recipe
- Mix all ingredients together and serve with fresh greens.
Is Avocado Oil Better Than Olive Oil?
Both avocado oil and olive oil have amazing health benefits. But, is one superior to the other? They both have the same caloric intake. Fat profiles are similar except for vitamin E. Olive oil contains more vitamin E than avocado oil.
Avocado oil has a higher smoke point than olive oil. In other words, you can use avocado oil at higher temperatures without the risk of burn and smoke. This is important to note because, at higher smoke points, the oil will start to release free radicals harmful to the body.
Both oils are great for overall heart health, skin health, and when used to replace saturated fats, can help to lower cholesterol levels. Diets typically higher in monounsaturated fat will notice an improvement in overall cholesterol levels.
In terms of taste, avocado oil is more neutral in flavor. For baked goods and salad dressings, avocado oil is a great choice. For veggies, poultry, meats, and seafood, olive oil adds a rich fruity flavor. Experiment. There are so many endless uses for avocado oil.
If you’re interested in getting healthy, restoring your digestion, and boosting your energy, then check out my new comprehensive program Restore your Gut Health, details here, https://eatyournutrition.com/restore-your-gut-health-enrollment.
In the program, you get a ton of delicious, satisfying recipes, as well as strategies that will help rebuild your intestinal flora.
Or join me on my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/EatYourNutrition, where I’ll share more information, tips, and recipes to help you live a happier, healthier life.
Let's Discuss Avocado Oil Benefits and Uses for Recipes!
I would love to hear if you learned anything new about avocado uses and benefits? Do you think avocado oil better than olive oil? Did you try any of my avocado oil recipes? Let me know in the comments below.
Connect with me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva
This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links (I’ll earn some coffee money ☕ which I promise to drink while creating content that you will enjoy). I only recommend products that I trust and absolutely love!