Baked plantains recipe is a healthier alternative to fried plantains, platanos maduros and only THREE ingredients? Bonus: This baked plantain recipe is naturally gluten-free, vegan, and paleo friendly too. Plus, try my mojo Verde sauce recipe as a sauce over other recipes, because it's addicting.
A healthy snack. Yes. Please! Platanos maduros made baked in the oven with an easy to make mojo verde sauce make the perfect healthy snack or side dish.
- 💖 Why You'll Love This Baked Plantains Recipe?
- 🦠 Baked Plantains are a Delicious Gut Healthy Snack Idea
- 🥣 Ingredients to Make Baked Plantains with Green Dipping Sauce (Oven Baked Platanos Maduros Recipe)
- 🧡 Easy Oven Baked Plantains with Delicious Green Mojo Verde Sauce Recipe
- 📖 Recipe
- 💚 Green Mojo Verde Dipping Sauce
- ❄️ How to Store Leftover Baked Plantains
- 😀 Will You Try Baked Plantains Today?
- 💬 Comments
💖 Why You'll Love This Baked Plantains Recipe?
- Prebiotic Fiber- Delicious way to add more prebiotic fiber to help maintain gut health.
- Baked - Baked instead of fried plantains, are a healthier option when you still want a delicious recipe.
- Nutrients - Packed with potassium, magnesium, and vitamins A and C.
🦠 Baked Plantains are a Delicious Gut Healthy Snack Idea
Plantains are an excellent source of prebiotics [AKA food your healthy gut bacteria LOVE!] So, why plantains?
They are a wonderful alternative to starchy potatoes. Don't get me wrong, I love a good potato or french fry, but sometimes it's good to change things up and try new foods.
If you haven't tried plantains yet, I think you will fall in love with them. Not only do they contain loads of potassium, like a banana, but they also have magnesium, vitamins C and A too.
The resistant starch is great for gut health and getting in your fiber intake.
These baked plantains with Mojo Verde sauce are mouth-watering - give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!
You can also try out my 3-ingredient plantain tortilla recipe.
🥣 Ingredients to Make Baked Plantains with Green Dipping Sauce (Oven Baked Platanos Maduros Recipe)
- Ripe Plantains (yellow) - These are slightly sweet and hold up nicely when baking them in the oven. Never mushy or too soft, but simply just right.
- Olive Oil - This delicious tasting oil is loaded with healthy fats, while still allowing the plantain flavor to shine through in this recipe.
- Sea Salt - A must for flavor enhancement in this easy plantain recipe.
- Garlic - I always use fresh garlic in my sauce recipes.
- Cilantro - This is the key to the mojo verde dipping sauce recipe. However, if you truly hate cilantro, swap for equal parts of fresh parsley.
- Jalepeno Peppers - The spicer, the better, as we say in this household. Feel free to leave out if you hate spice or swap for a bell pepper.
See the recipe card for quantities.
🧡 Easy Oven Baked Plantains with Delicious Green Mojo Verde Sauce Recipe
Learn how easy it is to make baked plantains with a yummy green Mojo Verde sauce.
Baked Plantain Chips with Green Mojo Verde Sauce
Baked Plantains Ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Peel plantain and slice a quarter-inch thick diagonally.
- In a small bowl, toss plantain slices gently in oil and salt to taste. Place flat on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip and smash the plantain until flat. You can use the bottom of a clean jar to do this.
- Bake for another 10 minutes until browned.
LEAVE A RATING AND COMMENT
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you like this recipe.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Modify as needed and enjoy.
©EatYourNutrition. Content & photos are copyright protected. I love when you share this recipe with others. Please make sure you give credit to this site. Copying, pasting, & posting entire recipes onto social media is prohibited.Share on Facebook
💚 Green Mojo Verde Dipping Sauce
❄️ How to Store Leftover Baked Plantains
I highly doubt you will have any leftovers of this plantain recipe, but just in case you do, I have you covered.
You can store them for up to a week in the fridge in an airtight container. Be sure to store them separately from the mojo verde sauce recipe.
To freeze, simply spread out the baked plantain slices onto a parchment lined tray and freeze for one hour.
Then transfer to a freezer safe container or freezer bag. They will last 3 months frozen.
To reheat, simply spread the slices onto a baking pan and warm in the oven at 325 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.
😀 Will You Try Baked Plantains Today?
Baked platano maduro (plantain recipe) are easy to make as a healthy side dish. The crispness of the baked plantains will surprise you, and I hope you enjoy the green mojo verde dipping sauce recipe too.
I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva