I love how beets add a natural sweetness to any recipe, especially my fluffy gluten free protein pancakes. These strawberry & beet high protein pancakes will surely make you smile. Strawberry pancakes make the best Valentine's Day breakfast recipe too. Keep reading to learn how to make a high protein pancake recipe that actually tastes good too. Plus, blender pancakes are the easiest kind to make.
The Easiest Blender Pancakes
These love beet strawberry pancakes are the perfect weekend breakfast inspiration, especially for Valentine's Day.
This was inspired by my heart beet and strawberry smoothie recipe on this site, and pairs well with this homemade oat milk recipe.
Strawberry High Protein Blender Pancake Recipe Ingredients
Learning how to make a high protein pancake recipe is easier than it sounds, because I make them right in the blender. It only takes a few ingredients to make a healthy breakfast that everyone will enjoy. Check out the directions below.
- Cooked Beets: Contain a fair amount of iron and also give extra sweetness to this recipe.
- Strawberries: Fresh strawberries is best in this recipe. However, if you want to be cost effective, try using frozen strawberrries instead.
- Egg: You need a binder for any pancake recipe, eggs are perfect. However, you can swap it with a flax egg if you want to make vegan pancakes.
- Banana: One banana is all you need for that natural sweetness. Tip: Use up your really ripe bananas in this recipe.
- Chia Seeds: This powerful plant-based seed is high in Omega-3's, plus lots of healthy fats and protein too.
- Almond Butter: This ingredient bumps up the healthy fats and protein factor, and gives the flavor a hint of a strawberry cake taste when combined with the strawberries and beets.
- Vanilla Protein Powder: Packed full of protein, this ingredient is necessary, as we are omitting traditional flour and swapping in protein powder.
- Baking Powder: A pinch is needed to get those extra fluffy pancakes.
- Baking Soda: I find using both powder and soda keeps those pancakes fluffy and nice.
See recipe card for quantities.
It's as easy as blending up your blender pancake batter and then cooking low and slow on the stove. See recipe card below for full instructions.
Hint: I like to use my Eat Your Nutrition vanilla flavored protein powder, because it is a plant-based protein that tastes delicious, never chalky, and provides 20 grams of protein per serving. Made to keep you satisfied with no artificial sweeteners, colors, or flavors
Love Heart Beet & Strawberry High Protein Blender Pancakes
- 1 Banana
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- ¼ cup Fresh Strawberries
- ¼ cup Beets (cooked)
- 1 tablespoon Nut Butter (I like almond butter)
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- Add all ingredients to your favorite blender.
- Blend until well combined.
- Pour batter onto a greased nonstick frying pan. I like to use coconut oil in the pan.
- Cook pancakes on low heat until little bubbles form on top. Flip pancakes and continue to cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Top with your maple syrup, fresh strawberries, and maybe even some coconut whipped cream. Yum.
Store any leftover pancakes in an airtight container for 3 days in the refrigerator. You can also meal prep these and store them in the freezer for a month.
You can also make the blender pancake batter in advance and pour into an ice cook tray. When ready to cook, simply pop a few out of the freezer and cook in your frying pan as instructed.
Reheat in the toaster or microwave for a few minutes.
When cooking high protein gluten-free pancakes using protein powder, be sure to cook low and slow. The temperature should never be too high. They take patience. When you see bubbles on the top of the pancake, that is the best time to flip them over.
TRY THESE HIGH PROTEIN STRAWBERRY BLENDER PANCAKES TODAY!
So, if you make this strawberry and beet high protein pancake recipe, let me know in the comment section below. I also love to hear what you think, or take a photo and tag me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva
In addition, this post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission if you buy through those links (I’ll earn some coffee money ☕ which I promise to drink while creating content that you will enjoy). I only recommend products that I trust and absolutely love!
Looking for other breakfast recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with strawberry & beet high protein pancakes:
Leave a Reply