Perfect appetizer for Super Bowl game day. These healthy bang bang cauliflower wings are perfect for when you are craving chicken wings, but want to eat plant-based or simply want to eat healthier that day. This recipe for cauliflower wings will become your new game day recipe.
This is a nutrient-dense, healthier version of the original bang bang shrimp, and is vegetarian, gluten-free, and paleo-friendly.
🌟 Simple Cauliflower Wings Recipe
In this recipe, I prefer Primal Kitchen's Chipotle Lime Avocado Oil Mayonnaise, but feel free to try out any brand of regular mayonnaise that you prefer.
I personally love Primal Kitchen's Chipotle Lime Mayo, because it is made with avocado oil and is paleo-friendly, Whole 30 approved, and free of soy, canola, and sugars.
Let's get back to talking about cauliflower wings. These "cauliflower wings" are so delicious and taste exactly like the famous bang bang shrimp recipe. How astonishing is it that I got all that flavor packed into such an underrated vegetable, as cauliflower?
🤍 Cauliflower Nutrition
Cauliflower is definitely having her time to shine in the spotlight, and for good reason, it's full of fiber and so many nutrients. It is also an excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, and vitamins E, and B6.
Cauliflower is in the cruciferous vegetable category, which, like its cousin, broccoli, has a powerful detoxifying effect on the body. I wrote a great article where I discussed these cruciferous vegetables and how to avoid the side effect of excess gas.
I first posted this cauliflower wing recipe in my easy & healthy Super Bowl recipes post earlier. If you haven't checked out some other sensational Super Bowl recipes, then you will definitely want to try some of those out.
Try some of these out:
- Best Avocado Deviled Eggs Recipe
- Green Goddess Hummus Recipe
- Guacamole Made Simple
- Beef and Sweet Potato Chili
- Tex-Mex Crockpot Casserole (Vegetarian)
🧡 Let's Make a Vegetarian Bang Bang Cauliflower Wings Recipe!
Learn how easy it is to make a cauliflower wing recipe with that delicious "Bang Bang" flavor.
Best Healthy Bang Bang Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
Bang Bang Sauce Ingredients:
- cilantro, fresh (Chopped)
- scallions (Chopped)
- sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat the egg and milk. Set aside.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and toss them into the egg and milk mixture.
- Mix almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, corn starch, black pepper in a separate bowl.
- Toss the cauliflower into the dry mixture to coat all the pieces.
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, and bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Make sure to spread the pieces evenly on the baking pan.
- While the cauliflower bakes, prepare the sauce. Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Remove from the oven and toss the baked cauliflower into the sauce to coat all the pieces.
- Optional: Top with chopped cilantro, sesame seeds, and scallions.
LEAVE A RATING AND COMMENT
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you like this recipe.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Modify as needed and enjoy.
©EatYourNutrition. Content & photos are copyright protected. I love when you share this recipe with others. Please make sure you give credit to this site. Copying, pasting, & posting entire recipes onto social media is prohibited.Share on Facebook
😀 Leave a Review for the Cauliflower Wing Recipe
If you make this healthy bang bang cauliflower recipe, let me know in the comment section below.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links (I’ll earn some coffee money ☕ which I promise to drink while creating content that you will enjoy). I only recommend products that I trust and absolutely love!