I love everything gingerbread flavored. Gingerbread invokes the spirit of the holiday season for me. So, I just had to take those traditional gingerbread flavors and create the best tasting vegan pudding recipe. This is the perfect healthy dessert or even a quick meal prepped breakfast, because I made it high protein.
The prep time on this easy vegan gingerbread pudding is only 5 minutes, and bonus, no cooking required.
- 💖 Why You'll Love This Vegan Gingerbread Pudding Recipe?
- 🌰 Are Cashews Good For You?
- 🥣 High Protein Gingerbread Pudding Recipe Ingredients
- 👩🍳 Vegan Gingerbread Pudding Instructions
- 🧡 Learn to Make a Vegan Gingerbread Pudding Recipe
- 📖 Recipe
- 🍽️ How Do You Serve High Protein Gingerbread Pudding?
- 🍴 Variations
- 💙 Substitutions
- 🍄 Optional Gingerbread Pudding Recipe Add Ins:
- ❄️ Storage for Vegan Gingerbread Pudding Recipe
- 😀Enjoyed This Simple Vegan High Protein Pudding Recipe?
- ❤️ You Might Also Love These
- 💬 Comments
💖 Why You'll Love This Vegan Gingerbread Pudding Recipe?
- High Protein - Delicious way to add more protein into your daily nutritional needs.
- Healthy Holiday Recipe - All the holiday spices to create the dreamiest tasting festive dessert or breakfast.
- Vitamin & Minerals - Molasses contain iron, calcium, and magnesium, bumping up the nutrition profile of a traditional pudding recipe.
- Easy Meal Prep Recipe - Perfect breakfast to make in bigger batches for weekly meal prep.
🌰 Are Cashews Good For You?
Cashews are not only delicious, but also offer several potential health benefits. Let's delve deeper into how cashews can positively impact gut, hormone, and skin health.
Gut Health and Cashews
Cashews are packed with dietary fiber, which plays a crucial role in maintaining a healthy gut.
Fiber promotes regular bowel movements, prevents constipation, and supports digestive health.
Additionally, cashews contain beneficial compounds like phytosterols and polyphenols, known to have prebiotic properties, nourishing the beneficial bacteria in the gut.
Cashews and Hormone Health
Cashews are a good source of healthy fats, particularly monounsaturated fats. These fats are essential for hormone production and balance.
Hormones are responsible for various bodily functions, including metabolism, energy levels, mood regulation, and even reproductive health.
By including cashews in your diet, you can support the production and regulation of hormones in your body.
Skin Health and Cashews
Cashews are rich in nutrients that promote healthy skin. They contain vitamins E and C, which act as antioxidants, protecting the skin from free radical damage and reducing signs of aging.
The presence of copper in cashews helps produce collagen, a protein that maintains the skin's elasticity and firmness.
Additionally, cashews provide zinc, which supports the healing of wounds and reduces inflammation, helping maintain clear and healthy skin.
🥣 High Protein Gingerbread Pudding Recipe Ingredients
Cashews can be beneficial for gut health due to their fiber content and prebiotic properties. They also support hormone health by providing essential fats for hormone production and balance.
Lastly, cashews offer nutrients that contribute to healthy skin, thanks to their antioxidant and collagen-promoting properties.
Adding cashews to your diet can be a nourishing and tasty way to support your overall health and well-being. Enjoy them as a snack, or incorporate them into various dishes to reap their benefits!
The purpose of molasses in the recipe is as a healthier sweetener with additional vitamins and minerals.
Blackstrap molasses are not just a sweet and delicious ingredient, but also offer a range of health benefits. Curious to learn more? Continue reading.
Health Benefits of Blackstrap Molasses
Derived from the processing of sugarcane or sugar beets, blackstrap molasses contain a concentrated amount of essential nutrients that can support your overall well-being.
One notable benefit of blackstrap molasses is its high iron content. Iron is crucial for the formation of hemoglobin, which carries oxygen to all parts of our body.
Consuming blackstrap molasses can provide a natural and easily absorbed source of iron, making it a great option for individuals who may be deficient in this important mineral.
Additionally, blackstrap molasses is rich in other essential minerals, such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
These minerals play vital roles in maintaining bone health, supporting nerve function, and regulating blood pressure.
Milk of Choice
I prefer non-dairy milk and use unsweetened almond milk in this vegan pudding recipe.
I love almond milk for the extra protein, but cashew milk works equally, especially if you prefer to keep one nut flavor profile in this recipe.
Vanilla Protein Powder
Packed full of protein, this vegan protein powder is perfect for increasing your protein intake.
Protein Powder Health Benefits
- Helps decrease appetite and cravings.
- Promotes energy levels, endurance, strength and muscle tone.
- Helps aid the recovery process after exercise by promoting growth of lean muscle tissue.
- Helps preserve lean muscle mass and reduce body fat during weight loss efforts.
- Provides a sustained source of energy that lasts throughout the day without affecting blood sugar levels.
I used maple syrup in this recipe to keep it vegan friendly. However, you can swap it with honey if you don't mind it's not vegan. Stevia also works well.
Ginger, cinnamon, cloves are all warm, festive spices used in this healthy vegan pudding recipe.
Just a dash will work. I use ½ teaspoon and it works well.
Turmeric is a spice commonly used in cooking that has been recognized for its potential health benefits. One area of interest is its impact on gut health.
Turmeric and Gut Health
Research suggests turmeric may have anti-inflammatory properties, which could help alleviate symptoms of gastrointestinal conditions, such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
Turmeric is believed to work by reducing inflammation and oxidative stress in the gut.
Additionally, turmeric may help support the growth of beneficial gut bacteria. These good bacteria play a crucial role in maintaining a healthy digestive system and overall well-being.
It is a delicious and nutritious food that can offer various benefits for gut health.
Coconut Butter and Gut Health Benefits
One of the reasons coconut butter is good for gut health is because it contains medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs), such as lauric acid.
The body easily absorbs MCFAs and can provide a quick source of energy. They can also have antibacterial and antiviral properties, which can help promote a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut.
Furthermore, coconut butter is also rich in fiber, which plays a crucial role in supporting a healthy digestive system.
Fiber adds bulk to the stool, helping prevent constipation and promote regular bowel movements. It also acts as a prebiotic, providing nourishment to the beneficial bacteria in the gut.
Incorporating coconut butter into your diet can be as simple as spreading it on toast, adding it to smoothies, or using it as a substitute for other fats in baking.
Remember to consume it in moderation, as it is high in calories.
See the recipe card below for quantities.
👩🍳 Vegan Gingerbread Pudding Instructions
Here's how easy it is to make a tasty winter flavored dessert, the best tasting gingerbread pudding.
Blend all ingredients into a blender until well combined and smooth. Transfer to small mini jars or dessert pudding cups.
Allow to set up in the refrigerator for 3 hours until chilled and thickened. Serve & enjoy this delicious dollop of homemade coconut whipped cream.
🧡 Learn to Make a Vegan Gingerbread Pudding Recipe
Learn how easy it is to make gingerbread flavored vegan pudding recipe.
Best Tasting Gingerbread Vegan Pudding
- 1 Blender
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 ½ cups milk of choice (I like unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- ½ tablespoon ginger, ground
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon, ground
- ¼ teaspoon cloves, ground
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt (To Taste)
- 1 pinch black pepper, ground
- whipped cream, coconut milk
- hemp seeds
- Blend all ingredients into a blender until well combined and smooth.
- Transfer to small mini jars or dessert pudding cups.
- Allow to set up in the refrigerator for 3 hours until chilled and thickened.
- Serve & enjoy this delicious dollop of homemade coconut whipped cream.
Laura's Recipe Tips
LEAVE A RATING AND COMMENT
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you like this recipe.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Modify as needed and enjoy.
©EatYourNutrition. Content & photos are copyright protected. I love when you share this recipe with others. Please make sure you give credit to this site. Copying, pasting, & posting entire recipes onto social media is prohibited.Share on Facebook
🍽️ How Do You Serve High Protein Gingerbread Pudding?
Typically, this gingerbread pudding is served straight out of the fridge cold. Top with your favorite whipped cream, hemp seeds, and extra cinnamon too.
Here are a few variations to customize your overnight oats recipe.
- Higher Protein: Top with hemp seeds, which will provide additional protein to the recipe.
- Toppings: Serve with your favorite store bought or homemade coconut whipped cream.
Making a homemade gingerbread pudding recipe is a personal preference in terms of sweetness and dietary needs. Check out some easy substitutions and variations to customize this recipe to your liking.
- Maple Syrup - Instead of maple syrup, swap it for honey or limit sugars, even more, try stevia.
- Molasses - Great alternative to molasses is sorghum syrup. However, if you an unable to find either one, you can swap with more maple syrup or brown sugar.
- Protein Powder - Add a scoop of your favorite collagen powder instead.
🍄 Optional Gingerbread Pudding Recipe Add Ins:
This recipe already has my 2 favorite adaptogenic spices, turmeric and black pepper. So, you will get anti-inflammatory health benefits from those spices.
One of my personal favorites is the Adaptogenic blend mix by Four Sigmatic.
❄️ Storage for Vegan Gingerbread Pudding Recipe
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. I like to store in mason jars or meal prep containers for larger batches.
😀Enjoyed This Simple Vegan High Protein Pudding Recipe?
Start your morning with my delicious vegan gingerbread pudding, or eat this as a healthy dessert option.
You might also like my other pudding recipes:
Will you be trying out this best tasting gingerbread pudding recipe? Let me know in the comment section below.
Are You Interested in More Festive Recipes?
If you’re interested in trying new festive holiday recipes or would like some tips on how to stay healthy during the holidays, check out this great guide today.
Healthy Holidays Survival Guide is the key to your success during the busy frantic holiday season.
🎄 Healthy Holidays Survival Guide
Ultimate guide to thrive and survive during the busy holiday season. Healthy eating tips, reset meal plan, and recipes for the holidays. for your recipe.
In addition, this post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission if you buy through those links (I’ll earn some coffee money ☕ which I promise to drink while creating content that you will enjoy).
I only recommend products that I trust and absolutely love!
❤️ You Might Also Love These
Looking for other pudding recipes like this? Try these: