Have you ever needed a fast lunch, but still wanted to load up on the vitamins, minerals, and essential nutrients that your body craves? I was crunched for time today and am glad I always keep meal prep staples on hand. I threw together an easy lunch, a chicken mushroom zucchini noodles soup.
The prep time on this easy lunch recipe was literally 5 minutes. It only took me 2 minutes to cook. How easy is that?
I used my ginger turmeric bone broth recipe for the base of the soup. However, you can use any store-bought bone broth instead. It's that simple.
- 💖 Why You'll Love This Chicken Mushroom Zucchini Noodle Soup?
- 🥣 Ingredients Chicken Soup With Zucchini Noodles
- 👩🍳 Instructions
- 🧡 How to Make an Easy Zucchini Chicken Soup
- 📖 Recipe
- 🍽️ How Do You Serve Chicken & Mushroom Soup?
- 💙 Substitutions
- 🍴 Variations
- ❄️ Storage for Zoodle Soup Recipe
- ❤️ You Might Also Love These
- 😀 Enjoyed This Easy Zucchini Chicken With Mushroom Soup?
- 📚 References
- 💬 Comments
💖 Why You'll Love This Chicken Mushroom Zucchini Noodle Soup?
- High Protein - Delicious way to add more protein into your daily nutritional needs.
- Easy to Make - It takes less than 10 minutes to make this easy soup recipe.
- Low Carb - Light, low carb lunch recipe with delicious flavor.
- Easy Meal Prep Recipe - Perfect lunch recipe to make in bigger batches for weekly meal prep.
So how did I do this in only 5 minutes? I grabbed some cubed rotisserie chicken, raw spinach, store bought zoodles, ginger turmeric bone broth I made earlier in the week, and chopped up a few mushrooms. I added some fresh garlic, and that is all.
🥣 Ingredients Chicken Soup With Zucchini Noodles
To make this simple zucchini noodle chicken soup recipe, you will simply need to gather a few key ingredients to create a fast, easy lunch or dinner today.
This is a wonderful alternative to pasta. You can create "zoodles", which are spiralized zucchini in place of traditional pasta.
Did you know that raw zucchini has significant health benefits for your skin? Foods rich in water content are tremendous for the skin, especially if you suffer from dry skin.
In the winter, more people suffer from dry skin, so by adding extra zucchini into your diet in the cooler months, you can moisturize the skin from within to eliminate any dry flaky skin.
I like to cube up some chicken breast from a prepared rotisserie chicken that I purchase at my local grocery store.
You can also cook up some fresh grilled or roasted chicken breast to use in this recipe. However, I like to keep things fairly simple and use a prepared rotisserie chicken.
Health Benefits of Chicken
I like to cut back on red meat whenever I can, and one of the easiest ways to do that is by making recipes with chicken or turkey instead.
Generally, the thighs and legs (dark meat) tend to be more flavorful, but higher in fat. This chicken zucchini noodle recipe is the perfect use of rotisserie chicken breast.
I like to use my one chicken bone broth recipe.
Bone broth is excellent to help heal intestinal permeability, otherwise known as leaky gut. The collagen helps decrease inflammation, but also nourish the lining of the intestines.
I love this anti-aging vegetable because it helps keep your skin soft, hydrated, and gives a radiant, dewy glow to your skin. Spinach is rich in iron, folate, and B vitamins.
Feeling tired? Spinach is a food you should include in your meals. Think of Popeye, he loved his spinach and for good reason.
Mushrooms contain polyphenols and carotenoids, which can help protect the body against free radical cell damage.
They are also great for gut health. The polysaccharides in mushrooms such as chitin, hemicellulose, α- and β-glucans, mannans, xylans and galactans are a source of prebiotic fiber (food) for our good gut bacteria (1).
Fresh minced garlic is perfect to evenly distribute that delicious garlic flavor. Garlic have long been hailed for their incredible health benefits, particularly when it comes to supporting gut health and balancing hormones.
See the recipe card below for quantities.
So how did I do this in only 5 minutes? I grabbed some cubed rotisserie chicken, raw spinach, store bought zoodles, ginger turmeric bone broth I made earlier in the week, and chopped up a few mushrooms. Then I added some fresh garlic, and that is all.
I threw it all into one big soup bowl and heated it up in the microwave for 2 minutes. That’s all it takes to eat healthy when you have zero time, but want to nourish your body with good for your ingredients.
I eyeballed all the ingredients, no measurements. I measured simply with my heart. ❤️
Don’t overthink healthy eating. It can be as simple as throwing a few healthy ingredients into a bowl, heating, and boom, you have a healthy, easy lunch.
🧡 How to Make an Easy Zucchini Chicken Soup
Learn how easy it is to make a soup with low carb noodle option that tastes great, but is also filled with good for you nutrients.
Chicken Mushroom Zucchini Noodles Soup Recipe
- 1 medium zucchini (Spiralized into zucchini noodles)
- ¼ cup mushrooms
- ¼ cup spinach
- 1 cup bone broth
- 4 ounces chicken, breast (Cooked, cubed or shredded)
- 1 cloves garlic, fresh (Minced)
- If you don't have spiralized zucchini noodles, use a spiral attachment on your food processor or a hand held vegetable spiralizer to create beautiful zoodles.
- Place cubed rotisserie chicken, raw spinach, zucchini noodles, bone broth, and mushrooms into a microwave bowl.
- Heat the soup in the microwave for 2 minutes. If you don't like al dente zucchini noodles, cook the soup a bit longer.
- Remove and add in some fresh garlic. Serve.
Laura's Recipe Tips
LEAVE A RATING AND COMMENT
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you like this recipe.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Modify as needed and enjoy.
©EatYourNutrition. Content & photos are copyright protected. I love when you share this recipe with others. Please make sure you give credit to this site. Copying, pasting, & posting entire recipes onto social media is prohibited.Share on Facebook
🍽️ How Do You Serve Chicken & Mushroom Soup?
I served this simply as is. This was so easy to throw together and serve without any real preparation. I added fresh garlic and a bit of lime juice squeezed over top. However, it isn't necessary. It is good, simply as is.
I love to serve these alone for a light lunch idea. You can try this healthy soup recipe with a side salad. I also love to add some slice avocado to get a boost of additional healthy fats into the soup.
Making a low carb lunch recipe is a personal preference in terms of dietary needs. Check out some easy substitutions and variations to customize this recipe to your liking.
- Chicken - Instead of chicken, swap it for cubed cooked turkey breast.
- Vegetarian - Swap the chicken for firm tofu.
- Bone Broth - Swap for vegetable broth.
Here are a few variations for my healthier version of a chicken soup recipe.
- Spicy - Add a few red chili pepper flakes while cooking to add in a bit more kick to this soup.
- Bulk Up With More Veggies - Try adding in some fresh green beans, broccoli, and even water chestnuts, which work well in this dish too.
❄️ Storage for Zoodle Soup Recipe
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. I like to store my soup recipes in mason jars or meal prep containers for larger batches.
❤️ You Might Also Love These
Looking for other low carb recipes like this? Try these:
😀 Enjoyed This Easy Zucchini Chicken With Mushroom Soup?
So next time you are crunched for time, whip together this easy zucchini chicken soup recipe for lunch or dinner.
Will you be trying out this zucchini noodle soup recipe? Let me know in the comment section below.
Are You Interested in More Meal Prep Recipes?
If you’re interested in trying new meal prep recipes or would like some tips on how to eat healthy, check out this great guide today.
Meal Prep for Creating Healthy Balanced Meals Guide is the key to your success when you have health and wellness goals.
🍲 Meal Prep Guide for Creating Healthy Balanced Meals
Learn how to meal prep healthy meals to save time and become more efficient in the kitchen. Delicious recipes for healthy eating.
In addition, this post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission if you buy through those links (I’ll earn some coffee money ☕ which I promise to drink while creating content that you will enjoy).
I only recommend products that I trust and absolutely love!
- Singdevsachan, S.K., Auroshree, P., Mishra, J., Baliyarsingh, B., Tayung, K., & Thatoi, H. (2016). Mushroom polysaccharides as potential prebiotics with their antitumor and immunomodulating properties: A review. Bioactive Carbohydrates and Dietary Fibre, 7, 1-14.