This healthy cranberry apple chia jam will be your favorite jam recipe to replace your traditional sauce recipe. The perfect holiday recipe for Thanksgiving instead of cranberry sauce. You can also use this homemade cranberry jam recipe to top a slice of toasty bread, or topping for your favorite yogurt. I also love to top my gluten-free pancakes with this easy cranberry jam.
Ingredients You Need for Cranberry Apple Jam Recipe
Here are the ingredients that you need to make the perfect cranberry apple jam recipe.
Cranberries: What holiday recipe isn't complete without some antioxidant rich cranberries? The tart flavor combined with the apples makes for the perfect flavor profile of this jam recipe.
Apples: I like Granny Smith apples for this recipe, but feel free to use whatever apples you may have on hand.
Chia Seeds: Great addition to this homemade cranberry jam recipe for added fiber content. It helps jell up the jam to a jammy consistency.
Maple Syrup: My favorite sweetener of choice adds a touch of sweet element that is perfect for the holidays.
Cinnamon: Cozy, warming spice necessary to get that true holiday vibe.
Sea Salt: A pinch of sea salt will help balance all the sweet flavors of this chia seed jam.
Lemon Juice: A splash of acid will help bring all the flavors together nicely.
Vanilla Extract: Not the imitation kind, get the real vanilla extract. It truly makes all the difference in the flavor.
This jam recipe will become a holiday staple every year for Thanksgiving or Christmas. I know I have family members who make sure I make this every single year.
Finally, Ditch the Cranberry Sauce from a Can
Why serve a glop of cranberry sauce from a can, when you can make a homemade cranberry chia jam that people will look forward to during the holidays? A nice spread of this apple cranberry jam on crusty bread or even on top of your holiday turkey is out of this world delicious. Got turkey leftovers? Spread some homemade chia jam on a turkey sandwich.
How to Make a Homemade Apple Cranberry Jam Recipe
Homemade chia jam is actually very easy to make. If you want to impress your family and friends during the holiday season, this easy cranberry jam is the perfect recipe.
- 1 cup cranberries
- 2 apples, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 to 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick or ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- To start making this homemade cranberry apple jam recipe, made from chia seeds, start by gathering your ingredients.
- Pour the water into a medium sized sauce pan, add the cranberries, diced apples, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes. This allows enough time for the apples to soften.
- Remove pan from the heat. Using a potato masher, gently mash the fruit mixture until you reach your desired consistency. I prefer a bit of texture in my homemade cranberry chia jam. If you prefer a smoother texture, cool the mixture and process in a blender or food processor.
- Stir in maple syrup, lemon juice, chia seeds, and sea salt. Stir well to make sure there are no obvious clumps in the chia seed jam. Pour into a mason jar or container of choice, and allow to thicken up for a few hours in the fridge. If pressed for time, you can serve this apple chia jam after one hour in the fridge.
Enjoy This Cranberry Jam Recipe!
If you make this homemade cranberry apple chia jam recipe, let me know in the comment section below. Do you want more cranberry recipes? Let me know which recipe you would like me to recreate. Try this chia jam served over a gluten-free piece of toast.
Healthy Holidays Survival Guide
Ultimate guide to thrive and survive during the crazy holiday season. Healthy eating tips, reset meal plan, and recipes for the holidays. for your recipe.