Are fajitas healthy? This one is. The BEST easy recipe for chicken fajitas. This chicken fajita recipe is flavorful and so easy to make. This is one of my favorite easy dinner recipes! This quick weeknight dinner recipe is ready in 30 minutes. So, continue reading to get my easy chicken fajita recipe that your family will enjoy.
What Is A Fajita
A fajita is a Mexican dish of seared or grilled chicken or meat strips in sliced bell peppers and/or onions, typically served with warm tortillas.
Are Fajitas Healthy For You?
The fajitas usually found in restaurants and fast food chains can be made with high fat and sodium meats.
For a healthy diet, it's important to avoid processed foods that contain trans fats and saturated fat. This easy chicken fajita recipe is healthy because we can control the type of ingredients we use at home. So, by replacing higher fat cuts of meat with lean white chicken breast, this typical Mexican meal is healthy and delicious.
Why are My Chicken Fajitas Tough?
This is because the chicken breasts lack moisture and a good marinade. For instance, my homemade marinade is easy to make and locks in that flavor while keeping the chicken juicy.
Quick Chicken Fajita Recipe Overview:
This is a quick weeknight dinner that anyone can prepare. The preparation time for this Mexican dish is only 10 minutes. The entire recipe is made in only 30 minutes and makes 4 servings. The best chicken fajita recipe calls for chicken breasts, bell pepper, onion, yogurt sauce, and tortillas. It is best served with rice, sour cream, and guacamole.
Tips For the Best Chicken Fajitas
- Season well.
- Use cast iron.
- Don’t overcook.
- Serve with toppings.
Chicken Fajitas Watch How to Make:
Easy Chicken Fajitas with Garlic Yogurt Sauce (30 Minute Meal)
- 1 ½ pounds Chicken Breast (skinless & boneless)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt (I used almond milk, unsweetened)
- 1 Bell Pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 medium Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup Gluten-Free Tamari (can use gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1-2 tablespoon Fresh Dill
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 Pinch Black Pepper
- 4 Gluten-free Tortillas
- Cut the chicken breast in thin slices, and marinate in soy sauce, salt and pepper.Remove the seeds from the bell pepper. Then cut in half into thin strips.Peel the onion, cut it in half, and then cut into thin slices.Add olive oil to the hot pan, then put the chicken and veggies in. Distribute evenly and cover with a lid. Cook for 15 minutes on medium high heat.
- To make the sauce, peel one clove of garlic, and crush it. Then cut into small pieces. Put the garlic in olive oil, mix with a pinch of salt. Add in yogurt and combine. Finally, cut some fresh dill to taste and add to sauce.
- Finally, serve the chicken and veggies with an option to top the warmed gluten-free tortilla. Top with sauce and enjoy.
Chicken Fajita Storage Instructions
Here are some quick and easy storage instructions for your chicken fajita recipes.
What to Do With Leftover Chicken Fajitas?
1. First, shred the chicken and add it to a freezer bag.
2. Then, add the veggies and sauce into a freezer bag, as well as any remaining tortillas or gluten-free wraps.
3. Finally, freeze the chicken and veggies in separate bags for up to three months.
Can You Freeze Chicken Fajitas?
Yes, they freeze well for up to three months.
What to Serve With This Chicken Fajitas Recipes?
Fajitas are a Tex-Mex meal that can be served with any side dish: Rice, baked potatoes, gluten-free corn tortillas, gluten-free flour tortillas, vegan refried beans, black or pinto beans, salsa, guacamole and/or sour cream.
Try These Easy Chicken Recipes:
- The Best Mexican Chicken Burger
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole with Sweet Potato (Gluten-Free)
- Tasty Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Slider Recipe
- Keto Friendly Banging Butter Chicken
Enjoy This Easy Chicken Fajita Recipe!
If you make this recipe for the best chicken fajita recipe, let me know in the comment section below. If you like this recipe done in 30 minutes, let me know and I will make more 30 minute meals.
I would also love to hear what you think, or take a photo and tag me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva