Gluten-free cinnamon streusel muffins are the dreamiest, sweet muffins with a burst of sweet cinnamon, plus they are dairy-free. These gluten-free cinnamon muffins are the perfect dessert or snack for Thanksgiving or Christmas morning. They are easy to make, light, and the cinnamon is such a comforting flavor. This healthy cinnamon streusel muffin recipe is a great option if you have a larger crowd visiting your home. So, continue reading for this recipe for gluten free muffins.
I especially like to make these healthy cinnamon streusel muffins for breakfast, because you can prepare the batter the night before, and just pop them into the oven in the morning. Once your guests wake up, breakfast is ready for them. Your guest will love this cinnamon streusel muffin recipe.
Healthy & Quick Cinnamon Streusel Muffin Recipe
Traditional muffins are filled with oil, but I replaced the oil with applesauce. Trust me, you won’t miss the oil. The addition of protein powder makes these perfectly balanced, with just the right amount of protein to start your day. Studies have also shown that cinnamon helps balance blood sugar levels.
If you want to make some of my other muffin recipes, you can try my orange almond muffins(gluten-free). These are also easy to make and delicious. You can also mix up all the dry ingredients for this gluten-free muffin mix and store them for later. Simply add your wet ingredients, mix up, and bake. These are great muffins to freeze. Simply put it in an airtight container in the freezer.
These cinnamon gluten free muffins are also an easy hostess gift. I would find a cute glass jar and fill up the dry ingredients. Decorate the jar with a cute bow, and print out the recipe on a nice stock card.
Cinnamon Gluten-Fre Muffin Recipe Key Nutrients
Fiber | Protein | Iron | Calcium | Vitamin D
Key Ingredients for Gluten-Free Cinnamon Muffins:
When making these gluten-free cinnamon muffins, use a quality brand of gluten-free flour. If you are not gluten-free, you can substitute any all-purpose flour. But keep in mind they won't be gluten-free muffins if you use wheat flour.
To increase the protein content of this cinnamon gluten-free muffin recipe, look for a quality protein powder. I prefer a vegan protein powder.
I prefer dairy-free milk, unsweetened almond milk when I make these cinnamon muffins. However, you can substitute with any other milk you prefer, though.
This is a key ingredient, because it replaces oil in traditional muffin recipes. Have you tried replacing half or all your typical oil in baked cooked before? If not, try it out, because trust me, you won't miss the oils, and your muffin recipe will still come out moist and tender. I haven't found any extra apple flavor when I add applesauce to my baked goods either. I prefer to use the unsweetened version of applesauce to have more control over any added sweeteners to my gluten-free muffin recipe.
Gluten-Free Cinnamon Streusel Muffin Recipe
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper baking cups, or grease bottoms of muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine muffin ingredients until blended. The batter may be lumpy. Divide batter among muffin cups, about ¼ cup for each muffin.
- Stir together the streusel ingredients. Sprinkle streusel topping over each muffin, lightly pressing into the top of the batter. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes. The top should be golden brown, and tops will spring back slightly when touched.
- Remove from the oven, leaving in the pan to cool for five minutes. Remove the muffins from the pan and allow them to cool completely before storing. Enjoy.
- Tips: *Vegan: Replace eggs with flax or chia eggs. To easily make a chia or flax egg, mix 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed or ground chia seed with 1 tablespoon of water.Note: Please see ‘Tips’ above for suitable substitutions, storage advice, and more!
Enjoy This Cinnamon Gluten-Free Muffins Recipe!
If you make this gluten free cinnamon streusel muffin recipe, let me know in the comment section below. I would also love to hear what you think, or take a photo and tag me @Eat_Your_Nutrition Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva
This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links (I’ll earn some coffee money ☕ which I promise to drink while creating content that you will enjoy). I only recommend products that I trust and absolutely love!