I absolutely love lemonade, especially in the hot weather. This is an easy to make golden milk creamy lemonade recipe that will become your new favorite creamy lemonade drink on repeat. There are many reasons to love this creamy lemonade. First, it's full of anti-inflammatory ingredients that are perfect for recovery from either a hard workout, a night out celebrating with a few cocktails, or simply for the delicious taste. Golden milk is a creamy ayurvedic drink with many health benefits, so it's perfect for this creamy turmeric lemonade recipe.
What is Golden Milk?
Golden milk is a traditional Ayurvedic drink that is a delicious blend of hot milk, warming spices, turmeric, and ginger. Turmeric has many health benefits with one of the key benefits being anti-inflammatory in nature.
Why Turmeric in Lemonade?
Turmeric is packed full of antioxidants, and the star benefit of anti-inflammatory properties. The color is gorgeous. Plus, turmeric lemonade is such a crowd pleasing drink.
Creamy Golden Milk Lemonade Recipe
- 4 cups filtered water
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (one lemon)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of ground cardamon
- Combine the coconut milk, turmeric, lemon juice, black pepper, salt, maple syrup, and ginger in a small bowl. You can either add in the optional spices to add depth of flavor or simply omit.
- Add some ice to a glass pitcher. Pour in the golden milk mixture over the ice. Fill the pitcher with the filtered water. Stir. Chill and enjoy.
- If you are not used to the taste of turmeric, start out with ½ teaspoon of ground turmeric.
- Adjust the sweetener based on taste preference. Some individuals prefer a sweeter lemonade, so add more honey or maple syrup to your desired liking.
- Be sure to stir again after chilling it. The coconut milk and water tend to separate after sitting for awhile.
- Feel free to strain the fresh ginger out before serving. I prefer to leave it in because of the added benefits that ginger provides the body.
If you haven't tried my golden milk latte recipe, check it out.
Enjoy This Creamy Lemonade Recipe!
If you make this golden milk turmeric lemonade recipe, let me know in the comment section below. An easy to make summer recovery drink that tastes delicious. Let me know in the comments below, if you try this recipe.
You can also connect with me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva
Leave a Reply