My favorite way to enjoy parsnips is in this super simple, delicious gut healing parsnip "cream" soup recipe. This easy gut healing soup recipe hits the spot on a chilly fall or winter day, and it can be enjoyed chilled in the summer. This is the best soup for digestive problems. Are you ready for a gut healthy soup to help support healing?
Parsnips are food that many people shy away from because they don’t know what to do with them. So, I can tell you that parsnips are a staple for many fine-dining chefs, because they’re naturally creamy and luxurious. As humble of a vegetable as they might appear, parsnips are adaptable and dynamic.
Why Use Parsnips in a Soup?
Give parsnips a chance, and you might just end up with a new favorite root vegetable like me! So, if you’re looking to lose weight and improve your gut health, it’s all about making minor changes.
Swapping out starchy grains and potatoes for low glycemic parsnips is precisely one of the things that can get you closer to your goal. That is why this easy vegan gut healthy parsnip soup recipe is perfect to help you stay on track and heal your gut.
Why Are Soups Good For Gut Healing?
A simple soup recipe made with gut healing ingredients is the perfect meal if you struggle with digestive problems. When you first begin to heal the gut, you need ingredients that don't take a lot of work to break down in the digestive system. So soups that are blended are "predigested". This gives your digestion a break.
This vegan gut healing soup is a nutrient-dense enzyme-rich recipe, which allows our bodies to absorb more of the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients without upsetting our delicate gut microbiome.
Can You Make a Parsnip Soup Vegan?
Yes, any cream based recipe can easily be swapped to create a vegan version, especially this parsnip soup recipe. The trick is to use a dairy-free milk or cream alternative in the recipe. I chose almond milk for the added protein in this soup recipe.
Learn to Make an Easy Vegan No Cream Parsnip Soup Recipe
Parsnip Cream Soup - Gut Healing Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 large celery ribs chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 large parsnips peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 cups broth chicken or vegetable or water
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup dairy-free milk of your choice
- 1. Place a large pot on a medium flame and add coconut oil. When the oil is hot, add the celery and onion. Sauté for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add parsnips, poultry seasoning, and broth (or water) along with sea salt and black pepper.
- 2. Allow the mixture to come to a boil. Then lower the flame and simmer for 20 minutes. When the parsnips are tender, remove from heat.
- 3. You can use an immersion blender to make the soup smooth or blend it in batches using a high speed blender. When the soup is blended, add it back to the pot and add the dairy-free milk. Reheat the soup. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
Enjoy This Easy Parsnip "Cream" Soup Recipe That is Great for Gut Healing!
Have you ever thought about the benefits of eating a gut healing soup recipe? This is the best soup for digestive problems. If you make this easy, delicious cream of parsnip soup, let me know in the comment section below.
So, I would also love to hear what you think, or take a photo and tag me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva
NEED MORE GUT HEALTH HELP?
Want even more nourishing healthy recipes to help you lose weight, improve your digestion and increase your energy?
Check out my new program Restore your Gut Health, details here, https://eatyournutrition.com/restore-your-gut-health-enrollment
Or join me on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/EatYourNutrition where I’ll share more information, tips, and recipes to help you live a happier, healthier life.