This drink will not only boost your metabolism, but also help destress you simultaneously. That is why this adaptogenic matcha latte recipe is the perfect afternoon drink. If you have followed me for a while now, you may have noticed I love to incorporate adaptogens into many of my recipes. That's why this matcha latte recipe is so good. I added a few secret ingredients, adaptogens.
Adaptogens are my natural remedies for any physical or mental stressors in my life. If you are feeling exhausted or stressed, this matcha latte is exactly the drink for you. They not only help balance out moods but help the body adapt to any physical stress it may be experiencing. Overall they help maintain a healthy stress response. A few of my favorite adaptogens include ashwagandha, maca root, turmeric, nettle leaf, reishi mushroom, and holy basil.
Matcha Health Benefits
The matcha green tea contains caffeine, but the caffeine effect will differ from your average cup of joe. That is from the amino acid, L-theanine, which has a much more relaxing energizing effect. The caffeine effect is not the same as the jittery effect often experienced with drinking coffee.
The L-theanine helps the body develop a relaxed state by the production of dopamine and serotonin. Not only is this fantastic for better focus, memory, and can even help with concentration. The catechin EGCG has been shown to boost metabolism and help aid in weight loss.
Matcha green tea is also rich in antioxidants. In fact, matcha has more antioxidant levels due to the leaves being shielded from direct sunlight.
Maca Health Benefits
Maca is wonderful for maintaining healthy hormonal function, support your energy and endurance levels, and even boost your mood. It has even been used to help enhance sex drive and fertility issues because it helps balance hormones.
Ashwagandha Health Benefits
Ashwagandha helps the body adapt to stress. I love Ashwagandha because this is my natural remedy for when life can become stressful. For example, studies have also shown that by adding Ashwagandha into the diet, your thyroid can benefit from the natural balance this extract brings to the body (1).
One study found that a high concentration of ashwagandha root extracts safely improved a person's resistance to stress (2). Adaptogens work by naturally supporting the endocrine system within the body. The endocrine system is responsible for regulating your hormone levels.
The impressive thing about adaptogens is how easily they help the body "adapt" and regulate the body back into homeostasis. The body will adjust the hormone levels and can even help fight inflammation. It's a win-win, in my opinion.
Here are some other drink recipes you might like:
- My favorite teas for healthy digestion
- Top 5 Healthy Teas To Drink-Rooibos Iced Tea Recipe Included
- Perfect Low Sugar Drinks-Mango Water Recipe
Learn How to Make a Delicious Adaptogenic Matcha Latte Recipe!
Stress-Relieving Adaptogenic Matcha Latte
- 1 teaspoon Matcha Green Tea Powder (ceremonial grade)
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Almond Milk (unsweetened)
- ½ cup Water (hot)
- 1 teaspoon Ashwagandha Powder
- 1 teaspoon Maca Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon (Ceylon cinnamon)
- Add all of the ingredients into a a blender.
- Blend for about one minute until ultra frothy. Enjoy.
- You can change out the maple syrup for honey, stevia, or any other sweetener of your choice. You can also change out the milk for whatever type of milk you usually prefer to drink. I like to alternate between unsweetened almond, coconut, or oat milk, depending on what I have on hand.
Try Some Other Matcha Recipes:
Leave a Review for the Adaptogenic Matcha Latte Recipe!
I hope you try out my adaptogenic matcha latte recipe to drink. In addition, let’s discuss the benefits of matcha in the comment section below.
I would also love to hear what you think, or take a photo and tag me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva
- Sharma AK, Basu I, Singh S. Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha Root Extract in Subclinical Hypothyroid Patients: A Double-Blind, Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial. J Altern Complement Med. 2018 Mar;24(3):243-248. doi: 10.1089/acm.2017.0183. Epub 2017 Aug 22. PMID: 28829155.Chandrasekhar K, Kapoor J, Anishetty S. A prospective, randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum extract of ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults. Indian J Psychol Med. 2012 Jul;34(3):255-62. doi: 10.4103/0253-7176.106022. PMID: 23439798; PMCID: PMC3573577.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links (I’ll earn some coffee money ☕ which I promise to drink while creating content that you will enjoy). I only recommend products that I trust and absolutely love!
Leave a Reply