I love making this recipe for magic bars sheet pan pancakes made with coconut for the convenience factor. After making pancakes this simple way, with a delicious magic cookies flavored recipe with coconut, you will never make pancakes the old way again. An easy and delicious pancake breakfast, these magic bar cookie pancakes made in a sheet pan are amazing without much work in the kitchen.
This healthy breakfast recipe is perfect for the fall, especially Halloween morning. It has all that Halloween candy vibes, but as a healthy breakfast idea.
Tips for Meal Prepping Pancakes on a Sheet Pan
Preparing pancakes in advance can save you time and make your mornings much more enjoyable. Below are some useful tips to help you successfully meal prep and store pancakes on a baking sheet:
- Start with a reliable pancake recipe: Choose a recipe that yields fluffy and flavorful pancakes. Make sure to consider the quantity you'll need for your planned meals.
- Use a non-stick baking sheet: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a non-stick baking mat. This will prevent the pancakes from sticking and make them easier to remove.
- Adjust the recipe: If you're making pancakes specifically for meal prepping, you may want to adjust the recipe slightly. Adding a touch more liquid can help keep the pancakes moist when reheated.
- Cool and store: Allow the pancakes to cool completely on the baking sheet before storing them. Once cooled, you can carefully stack them, placing a sheet of parchment paper between each pancake to prevent them from sticking together.
- Properly store the pancakes: Place the baking sheet with the stacked pancakes in the freezer for a few hours or until the pancakes are frozen. Once frozen, transfer them to an airtight container or sealable freezer bags. Don't forget to label and date the container or bag.
- Reheat and enjoy: When you're ready to enjoy your prepped pancakes, simply remove the desired number of pancakes from the freezer and reheat them in a toaster, toaster oven, or microwave. You can also reheat them in the oven at a low temperature, around 300°F (150°C), for a few minutes.
By following these tips, you can have freshly-made pancakes on busy mornings without the hassle of starting from scratch. Enjoy!
Eating healthy doesn't have to be complicated. If you have joined any of my nutrition challenges or programs, you know that planning in advance is the key to healthy eating. Keeping a stocked fridge and pantry of essential items will allow you to whip up an easy healthy meal quickly.
- Gluten-Free Flours: I used all-purpose gluten-free flour, coconut flour, and almond flour. This is the perfect balance for an ideal sheet pan pancake texture.
- Almond Milk: Swap for any milk of choice. I like unsweetened almond milk the best.
- Egg: You need a binder for any pancake recipe, eggs are perfect. However, you can swap it with a flax egg if you want to make vegan pancakes.
- Flax Seeds: This powerful plant-based seed is high in Omega-3's, plus lots of healthy fats and protein too.
- Almond Butter: This ingredient bumps up the healthy fats and protein factor in the homemade caramel sauce.
- Vanilla Extract: You need this for the pancake batter, as well as the vegan dairy-free caramel sauce.
- Shredded Coconut: This recipe is sweet enough, so I advise using unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Walnuts: You can swap for pecans or another favorite nut of choice. However, I think the walnuts add a deliciousness that gives those fall vibes.
- Chocolate Chips: You can swap the chocolate chips for raw cacao nibs, loaded with magnesium.
- Dates: This is magic in the magic bars dairy-free recipe for caramel sauce. The natural sweetness of dates is a great swap for refined sugar.
- Maple Syrup: A tablespoon is all you need, combined with the dates, to create the perfect amount of sweetness to homemade caramel sauce.
- Baking Powder: A pinch is needed to get those extra fluffy pancakes.
See recipe card for quantities.
Here's how to make these easy sheet pan pancakes, with a delicious take on old-fashioned 7 layer magic cookie bars with all the yummy coconut flavor.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, flax seed, and salt. Then add the wet ingredients: egg, vanilla extract, almond milk, and coconut oil.
Next spread mixture on prepared sheet pan. Add toppings and bake in the oven at 425 for 15 to 18 minutes.
Then make the vegan, dairy-free caramel sauce.
Finally, serve magic cookie bar pancakes with prepared vegan, dairy-free caramel sauce.
Hint: Vary your toppings based on your personal preference. If you like more coconut in your magic bar, cookies pancake recipe, add more or less. Hate walnuts, no problem, swap for another nut or seed you enjoy.
Tip: Be careful not to overmix the pancake batter. A few lumps in the batter are fine.
Magic Bar Cookies Simple Recipe for Pancakes (Gluten-Free)
- 1 Food Processor or Blender
Magic Cookie Bar Toppings:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 13 X 19 inch baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, flax seed, and salt. Then add the wet ingredients: egg, vanilla extract, almond milk, and coconut oil.
- Spread the pancake batter onto the sheet pan and spread evenly.
- This is the fun part. Sprinkle the magic bar toppings right over the pancake batter. If you like more chocolate chips, add more. The measurements are a guide, so if you dislike walnuts, swap for another nut of choice or omit and add more shredded coconut. These are your pancakes. Enjoy.
- Bake until the top is golden brown. The timing varies depending on your oven, but generally between 15 and 18 minutes is when the pancakes are done.
Prepare the caramel sauce:
- Blend all the caramel sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth and silky. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Remove from oven. Slice into 8 sections and serve with the dairy-free caramel sauce. Enjoy.
Making sheet cake pancakes your own unique way is important to your own dietary preferences or restrictions. Here's a few easy substitutions for your pancake recipe.
- Vegan - Instead of 2 eggs, swap with flax eggs. Check out my free Healthy Food Swap Guide for how to make a flax egg.
- Walnuts - Swap with your favorite nut, like pecans.
- Flour - This recipe was tested with the combination of gluten-free flours stated above. If you want to use one type of flour, the results will vary depending on which type of flour used. For example, using all coconut flour in this magic bar recipe will require more liquid, so keep that in mind.
- Swap the chocolate chips - Use raw cacao nibs or a white chocolate chip to vary the recipe.
These are perfect the day you cook them. However, if you want to meal prep later in the week, allow the pancakes to cool before storing in an airtight container. Simply reheat in the oven or microwave.
You can use this dairy-free, vegan caramel sauce to make candy apples for Halloween.
Sheet pan pancakes are an excellent option for feeding a large crowd of people during breakfast or brunch. This convenient method not only allows you to prepare delicious pancakes, but also saves you from standing by the stove for hours.
The main reason why sheet pan pancakes are perfect for large gatherings is their ease of preparation. Instead of cooking each pancake individually in a pan, you can simply pour the pancake batter into a single large pan or onto a sheet pan. This saves you time and allows you to cook more pancakes in one batch.
Furthermore, sheet pan pancakes offer a consistently even texture and thickness. They are fluffy on the inside with a slight crispiness on the outside. This method ensures that each pancake has the same thickness, shape, and is cooked evenly.
Another reason to choose sheet pan pancakes is their versatility. You can personalize each pancake by adding different toppings, such as fresh fruits, chocolate chips, or chopped nuts. You can also cut sheet pan pancakes into different shapes to make them even more fun and appealing to your guests.
So, the next time you want to prepare a delicious breakfast or brunch for a crowd, consider trying sheet pan pancakes. They are convenient, tasty, and definitely appreciated by everyone! Enjoy!
Sheet pan pancakes are a convenient and efficient way to make a large batch of pancakes all at once. Instead of cooking each pancake individually, the batter is spread out on a sheet pan and baked in the oven. This method saves time and allows easy customization with different toppings and flavors. It's a great option for feeding a crowd or meal prepping for the week ahead.
Freezing cooked pancakes is a great way to preserve them for later and enjoy them whenever you crave a quick and convenient breakfast.
To freeze cooked pancakes, start by allowing them to cool completely. Once cooled, stack the pancakes neatly, placing a piece of parchment paper or wax paper between each pancake to prevent sticking. Then, carefully place the stack of pancakes in an airtight container or freezer bag. Make sure to remove as much air as possible to avoid freezer burn.
When you're ready to enjoy your frozen pancakes, simply remove the desired amount from the freezer and let them thaw at room temperature. You can then reheat the thawed pancakes in a toaster, microwave, or on a preheated skillet until warm.
It's important to note that while freezing cooked pancakes is convenient, the texture might slightly change after thawing and reheating. However, with a little extra butter, syrup, or your favorite toppings, your thawed pancakes will still be a delicious and satisfying breakfast treat.
Enjoy These Magic Bar Pancakes Made With Coconut and Walnuts!
So, if you make this coconut flavored magic bar pancake recipe, made in a sheet pan, let me know in the comment section below.
I would also love to hear what you think, or take a photo and tag me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva
Looking for other meal prep recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite recipes to serve with magic cookie bar sheet pan pancakes:
Meal Prep Guide for Creating Healthy Balanced Meals
Learn how to meal prep healthy meals to save time and become more efficient in the kitchen. Delicious recipes for healthy eating.