For delicious gluten-free and paleo waffles, prepare this paleo chocolate waffle dipper recipe. It's perfect for a weekend brunch idea. My easy-to-follow recipe video shows how easy they are to prepare! This healthy chocolate paleo waffle recipe has been a staple in my house for a few years.
Easy to Make Gluten-Free Chocolate Waffles Recipe!
These delicious fluffy chocolate waffle dippers are not only paleo-friendly but also gluten-free. This is such a fun and creative way to experience breakfast. This becomes a perfect brunch recipe. These waffles are deliciously sweet and great to meal prep for later in the week.
You can choose to serve with the strawberry dipping sauce, powdered sugar, or any topping of choice. I personally think the combination of strawberries and chocolate is the perfect duo. You can even change out the toppings. Try some fresh blueberries, or swap the strawberries in the sauce recipe, for other fruits of your liking. Peaches are another wonderful option.
I completely understand not wanting to break out your waffle maker during the week, but these are worth it. You can also double the recipe and reheat the waffles later in the week. They are equally delicious as preparing them fresh the same day.
You can prep the dry ingredients and store them as your basic waffle or pancake recipe dry mix. I picked nutrient-dense and fiber-packed flours specifically for this unique basic waffle recipe. This makes it easy to prepare on busy mornings.
Ingredients for Healthy Chocolate Waffle Recipe
It's easy to make a dessert waffle recipe for breakfast that is also healthy. You simply need quality, nutrient dense ingredients.
Gluten Free Flours: Almond flour is a key ingredient to making gluten-free chocolate waffles. In addition, I used tapioca and coconut flour.
Raw Cacao Powder: If you don't have raw cacao powder, swap for unsweetened cocoa powder.
Ground Flax: This adds a healthy amount of fiber to my to help keep you regular.
Eggs: These help to bind the waffles, but you can swap for vegan flax egg mixture.
Maple Syrup: This is my sweetener of choice and is perfect for any healthy waffle recipe.
Vanilla Extract: The quality of your vanilla extract is key to make delicious tasting healthy almond flour waffles.
Salt: A pinch will help to enhance the sweetness of the cacao and maple syrup in these Paleo waffles.
Dairy-free Milk: I like to use almond milk, but any plant-based milk will work in my healthy Paleo waffles.
Learn How to Make Gluten-Free Chocolate Waffles!
Paleo & Gluten-Free Chocolate Waffle Dippers
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- To prepare the strawberry dipping sauce, begin by blending the strawberries, maple syrup, vanilla extract, water, and lemon juice in a blender.
- Pour the mixture into a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring to a boil. Lower the heat to low and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes until a thick sauce forms. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl, and cool for 30 minutes. Remove from the refrigerator and add in the yogurt. Stir until well combined. Set aside until ready to eat with the waffles.
- Preheat a waffle maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Mix the dry ingredients together. Add all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl until well combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Spray waffle pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour ⅓ cup of batter into the middle of the waffle maker. Close the waffle maker and cook according to your waffle maker instructions. Cut the waffles into 1-inch strips.
- Serve the waffles with the prepared strawberry dipping sauce with the waffles.
Enjoy This Paleo-Friendly Waffle Recipe!
If you make this delicious paleo waffle recipe, let me know in the comment section below. Did you try this chocolate waffle recipe with other toppings? I would also love to hear what you think, or take a photo and tag me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva
If you are looking for some more breakfast inspiration, try:
- Anti-inflammatory Indian spiced egg wrap
- Mini Gluten-Free Crustless Broccoli Quiche Bites
- Hot & Healthy Vanilla Breakfast Porridge
This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links (I’ll earn some coffee money ☕ which I promise to drink while creating content that you will enjoy). I only recommend products that I trust and absolutely love!