I knew I had to come up with some delicious Halloween treats, and this one is so impressive. The taste of this 7 layer old fashioned paleo magic cookie bar recipe is delicious. Gluten-free, vegan, and paleo make this vegan magic cookie bar recipe something truly special, with 7 layers too. A treat that tastes like almond joy candy bars too.
There is no need to buy a regular almond joy candy bar when this one is made from quality ingredients and a much healthier choice. This healthy almond joy bar is just as delicious as the original.
How to Make Vegan Magic Bar Cookies (Healthy Almond Joy Recipe)?
Traditional magic bar recipes can be loaded with excess refined sugars and dairy. I wanted a seven layer magic cookie bars version with good-for-you ingredients, but also tasted amazing.
What is a Magic Cookie Bar?
A magic bar cookie is a cookie shaped like a bar made with nuts, chocolate chips, coconut, and caramel, then chilled in the refrigerator.
7 Layer Magic Cookie Bars Recipe Will Satisfy any Sweet Craving
Traditional magic bars are usually made with condensed milk, but this is a dairy-free vegan version. This healthy almond joy recipe will knock your socks off. It is that divine.
Walnuts: You can swap for pecans or another favorite nut of choice. However, I think the walnuts add a deliciousness that gives those fall vibes.
Coconut Flour: This adds another coconut flavor to the magic cookie bars that you will definitely enjoy.
Almonds: You can opt for almond flour if you prefer, but if you have raw almond and process them, it will taste so much better. This is because it is freshly processed, so the oils of the nuts won't turn rancid.
Chocolate Chips: To keep this recipe vegan, use dairy-free chocolate chips in this recipe.
Shredded Coconut: This recipe is sweet enough, so I advise using unsweetened shredded coconut.
Super Seeds Blend: I like Better Body Foods blend of super seeds. You can make your own blend of chia, flax, and hemp seeds for your own super seed blend.
Caramel Sauce: You can use one of your favorite prepared caramel sauces in this recipe. However, I include a dairy-free caramel sauce that tastes amazing.
Dairy-Free Caramel Sauce is the Star Ingredient
I am also sharing this dairy-free caramel sauce, which is one of the star ingredients for the magic bars.
What Else Can You Make With This Dairy-Free Caramel Sauce?
HINT: CANDY APPLES?
Trust me when I tell you, you will not miss the dairy in this caramel sauce. I hope you enjoy this sweet treat as much as I do. This caramel sauce can be used on any other sweet treat that calls for caramel. Try using it to top your favorite ice cream, a base for a sweet custard recipe, healthy apple pie, and even cheesecake.
COOKIE BAR RECIPE KEY NUTRIENTS
Fiber | Iron | Calcium | Potassium
Vegan Magic Bar Cookies
- 2 tablespoons Toasted Coconut Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Blend all the caramel sauce ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- In a food processor, combine walnuts and almonds, and process them into flour. In a large bowl, mix walnut/almond flour, coconut flour, and coconut oil.
- Grease a 9 x 9 baking dish with some coconut oil. Pour the mixture into the dish, and using clean hands, press and smooth the mixture to evenly line the bottom of the dish. It is important to press firmly, so that the crust does not crumble.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips and cacao nibs evenly over the top. Sprinkle the shredded coconut and drizzle the caramel sauce over top. Place into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Take out of oven and top with toasted coconut chips. Let it cool in the dish until room temperature, then transfer to the fridge for 8 hours before cutting, or it may crumble. Cut into pieces.
- *SUBSTITUTES FOR MAKING THE SEVEN LAYER MAGIC BAR COOKIE RECIPE
- You can replace the maple syrup with 1 tablespoon of honey or agave nectar. But if you want to keep it vegan, I suggest using the maple syrup in this recipe.
Gluten-Free, Vegan Magic Cookie Bars Recipe
Do These Old Fashioned 7 Layer Magic Cookie Bars Need to Be Refrigerated?
Yes and no. To prepare them they need to set up in the refrigerator. To store them, you can store either at room temperature or the refrigerator. I prefer them in the refrigerator, but for some people they might prefer eating them at a warmer temperature. This is made with a dairy-free caramel sauce, so they are not required to store cold.
Enjoy These Vegan Paleo Magic Cookie Bars Recipe Today!
If you make this easy gluten-free paleo magic bar cookies (healthy almond joy) recipe, let me know in the comment section below. I would also love to hear what you think, or take a photo and tag me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva