First, let’s talk about how stunning the color of this purple sweet potato vegan chia pudding recipe is. What child could resist the color of this nutritious breakfast or snack? Whether you make this recipe for yourself or your child, it will be a hit in any household. I have had many people tell me this is the best-tasting chia pudding ever. The wonderful notes of cardamon and vanilla complement the nutrient rich sweet potato in this chia pudding recipe.
Simply the Best Tasting Chia Seed Pudding Recipe!
Dreamy and Delicious Quick Breakfast Recipe
Purple sweet potato super food powder has a slightly nutty flavor and provides the body with additional potassium, as well as calcium. This ingredient is optional, but adds additional nutrients, and gives a nice deep purple hue to the purple sweet potato chia pudding.
Purple Sweet Potato Health Benefits
This beautiful tuber vegetable is also known as a purple yam in this chia pudding recipe. This particular purple sweet potato is less sweet than a traditional orange sweet potato. It is a fantastic choice for an individual looking to lower their glycemic index spike, because this sweet potato rates lower on that index scale, which makes it perfect for those on a diabetic friendly diet.
Chia Seed Health Benefits
To start with, one ounce of chia seeds packs a punch fiber in the fiber department. One ounce is equivalent to about 2 tablespoons of chia seeds. In 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, you will provide your body with 11 grams of fiber. If you didn’t know this, fiber helps keep you full. So by increasing your fiber intake, you will feel fuller for longer between meals. So, no more growling stomachs in that morning meeting. That is why this cookie dough overnight oat recipe is perfect for a filling breakfast.
KEY NUTRIENTS OF CHIA SEEDS
Calcium | Manganese | Magnesium | Phosphorus | Zinc | Vitamin B3 | Vitamin B1 | Vitamin B2 | Fiber | Antioxidants | Protein | Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Chia seeds also contain decent amounts of protein, and since this is a seed, this would be an excellent protein option for vegans or vegetarians. The ancient Mayan word for strength is “chia”. Chia seeds definitely live up to that quality. These little seeds pack a huge nutritional punch. They are such an excellent energy-boosting ingredient to add to any dish. Studies have also found that by consuming chia seeds, it can help lower cardiovascular risks by up to 17%. There are also benefits to reduced cholesterol levels, weight loss, and increased satiety by adding chia seeds into the diet (1).
Easy Purple Sweet Potato Chia Pudding
- 1. Mash the cooked sweet potato in a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients to combine well until creamy and smooth.
- In two medium-sized airtight containers or mason jars, divide the mixture into two servings.
- 2. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes, 4 hours is optimal, or even overnight.
- 3. To serve, divide into 2 serving dishes and top with some additional topping suggestions.
RECIPE KEY NUTRIENTS:
- Fiber | Protein | Iron | Vitamin D | Calcium | Potassium
- Tips: If you like a smoother texture, blend the mixture first in a blender, and then place it into an airtight container to refrigerate. This will give you a smoother pudding consistency, instead of the texture from the chia seeds.
Enjoy This Best Tasting Vegan Chia Pudding Recipe!
If you make this purple sweet potato chia pudding recipe, let me know in the comment section below. I personally feel this is the best-tasting chia pudding ever. Also, I would love to hear what you think, or take a photo and tag me @EatYourNutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva
- The Nutrition Source. 2021. Chia Seeds. [online] Available at: <https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/food-features/chia-seeds/> [Accessed 31 January 2021].
This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links (I’ll earn some coffee money ☕ which I promise to drink while creating content that you will enjoy). I only recommend products that I trust and absolutely love!