So, who wants the most refreshing and satisfying salad EVER? 🙋♀️ This quinoa tabbouleh salad is easy to make in for a quick healthy salad, main dish, or even a tasty side dish! The perfect spring and summer recipe to bring to a picnic. Try my quinoa tabbouleh salad recipe today.
What is Tabbouleh?
Tabbouleh is an eastern Mediterranean dish traditionally made with cracked bulgar wheat and finely chopped parsley, tomatoes, onion, and mint, dressed with a tangy lemon-olive oil dressing.
Bulgar is cracked wheat that is super simple to cook. So, for my gluten-free friends, I used quinoa as a base here. Similarly in texture to bulgar wheat, but gluten-free and is a complete protein. 💪
Moreover, this fresh lemon dressing over the quinoa tabbouleh salad recipe is perfect for a hot summer day or even a main dish salad. The healthy fats in this quinoa tabbouleh come from the pumpkin seeds, and protein sources from the quinoa. As a result, a perfectly balanced healthy nutritious quinoa salad is made as a tasty tabbouleh.
Is Tabbouleh Salad Healthy?
Oh gosh yes. This salad is not only delicious, but very healthy too. It is full of protein, healthy fats, and loads of fiber too.
Quinoa Tabbouleh Recipe:
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large Persian cucumber, cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds) toasted
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- salt & pepper to taste
- ⅔ cup parsley, chopped
- First, add water to a medium sized pot and bring to boil. Once the water is boiling, add in the quinoa.
- Stir and reduce heat to simmer for 8 minutes for the quinoa to cook.
- While the quinoa is cooking, combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- In a serving bowl, add quinoa, cucumber, yellow bell pepper, tomatoes, red onion, parsley, and pepitas. Drizzle the dressing over top. Lastly, toss to combine the dressing with the salad. Enjoy this easy quinoa tabbouleh salad recipe tonight.
SALAD STORAGE TIPS
Store any delicious leftovers of this quinoa salad in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, if meal prepping for an upcoming picnic or gathering, it's best to keep salad and dressing separate if you want it to last up to a week.
SHOP MEAL PLANS
In addition, you can search for this and thousands of other recipes on my meal plans - plenty of gluten-free, nutrient-dense options!
Watch and Learn How to Make Quinoa Tabbouleh!
Let Me Know How You Like This Gluten-Free Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad Recipe!
Did you make this healthy and gluten-free quinoa tabbouleh recipe? Above all, I would love to hear if you love this as much as I do. Let me know in the comments below.
In addition, you can also connect with me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva
Leave a Reply