If you love drinking iced tea, but are seeking a healthy tasty iced tea recipe, this is definitely the one to make. I drink this healthy rooibos iced tea almost daily in the spring and summer. It’s certainly one of the healthiest teas to drink. Rooibos is great for your liver too, great for helping support natural detoxification within the body. Iced raspberry tea is the perfect refreshing summer drink recipe.
I love this herbal tea. Rooibos tea is a popular antioxidant-rich tea that may protect liver health. In addition, rooibos is a herbal infusion that tastes like black tea, but is slightly sweeter.
Rooibos Tea Health Benefits & Properties
There are many rooibos tea health benefits for the body. The active ingredient in rooibos might be one of the flavonoids it contains, which has been linked to lowering blood pressure and relaxing tense muscles.
Unlike green or black tea, rooibos does not contain any caffeine, so it’s safe to drink well into the evening. Rooibos tea contains zero calories, and due to this, it’s a fine choice just before bed, because it won’t spike your blood sugar levels.
In terms of nutrition, rooibos tea contains considerable amounts of flavan-3-ols, phenolic compounds, and the antioxidants aspalathin and nothofagin.
I love to prepare an iced rooibos tea blend. I share a quick recipe below that you can also freeze into delicious ice pops.
Learn to Make a Refreshing Healthy Iced Rooibos Tea Recipe!
Iced Raspberry Rooibos Healthy Tea Recipe
- 4 Rooibos Tea Bags
- 4 cups Water (one boiled, 3 cold)
- 1 ½ cup Raspberries
- 5 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 4 tablespoon Coconut Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 handful Fresh Mint
- handful Ice
- Boil one cup of water and pour over the tea bags. Allow to steep for 4-5 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In the meantime, combine the raspberries, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and sugar in a medium-sized saucepan. Stirring constantly, mix for 3 minutes.
- Over a large mixing bowl, strain the mixture through a fine meshed sieve to remove the tiny seeds. Smash the mixture to help separate the seeds from the pulp.
- In a pitcher, add a handful or two of ice. Pour in the tea mixture, which was set aside earlier. Add in the remaining 3 cups of cold water, raspberry mixture, and fresh mint. Stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or keep refrigerated. Garnish with extra fresh mint, raspberries, and lemon slices.
- I love to use the brand Pique for their Rooibos Vitality Elixir. If you use this Rooibos elixir, there is no need to boil the water. Simply add 4 Rooibos Vitality Elixirs into 4 cups of cold water. Then combine the raspberry mixture into the cold water. It can't get any easier than that. I love Pique tea because the taste is superior to any other brands I have tried out there.
- You can also make ice pops. Simply freeze the mixture into ice pop molds, and you have a delicious treat. You can also try replacing half the water with milk of choice, and you freeze those as pops too.
Did You Try My Raspberry Rooibos Healthy Iced Tea Recipe
I hope you try out some of my best top healthy herbal teas to drink. I hope I gave you enough information to decide if drinking black tea everyday is healthier than coffee. Let me know if your usual habit has been drinking black tea everyday. So, which are your favorite healthiest teas to drink? Let’s discuss this topic in the comment section below.
I would also love to hear what you think, or take a photo and tag me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva
Leave a Reply