Do you want the recipe for my spicy coconut lentil soup? This recipe is one of my favorite soups to help support detoxification in the body. A vegan and gluten-free recipe that is a nutritional powerhouse to nourish your body with so many delicious antioxidant-rich vegetables. The heat from the ginger and cayenne pepper revs up the metabolism. This vegan spicy lentil soup with coconut milk makes a delicious winter lunch.
Best Spicy Lentil Soup Recipe
There are so many health benefits to eating this spicy soup recipe. Continue reading below to learn about these healthful and nourishing ingredients.
Lentil Health Benefits
Lentils provide the body with much-needed fuel, especially if you are starting a new workout regime for the new year. For example, lentils help with weight loss due to the high fiber content, which helps keep you feeling full longer. Moreover, the key vitamins and minerals that lentils provide the body with are potassium, folate, iron, and manganese.
Simple & Quick Coconut Lentil Soup Recipe
I hope you try out this recipe today. I know it will soon become one of your favorite soups. For more recipes like this, check out my cookbook, Beauty Nutrition Index Cookbook. This book has 70 healthy recipes to jumpstart your wellness journey.
Fiber | Protein | Iron | Vitamin D | Calcium | Potassium
How to Make Vegan Coconut Lentil Soup
Simple Spicy Vegan Coconut Lentil Soup Recipe
- 1 cup dried yellow lentils
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 13.5 oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 1-inch fresh ginger, peeled & grated
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Sauté the onion, sweet potatoes, and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger. Cook for 2 additional minutes.
- Add in the vegetable broth, lentils, cumin, turmeric, cayenne pepper, and a pinch of black pepper. Bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk. In a blender, blend the warm soup in small batches, or use an immersion blender to puree the soup. Stir in the lime juice. Once blended, adjust the flavor with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with toasted coconut flakes and a sprinkle of cilantro.
Enjoy This Delicious Vegan Spicy Lentil Soup Recipe!
So, if you make this spicy lentil soup made with coconut milk recipe, let me know in the comment section below.
I would also love to hear what you think, or take a photo and tag me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva