This tasty sun-dried tomato chicken slider recipe is so easy to make and packed full of lean protein. The combination of the basil and sun-dried tomatoes is so Mediterranean style, and you can't go wrong with these flavors together. You can make these for your children as an afternoon snack, or use them as your protein choice for dinner. Ground chicken slicer recipes are one of the easiest, fastest recipes to prepare on a busy day. Plus, lean ground chicken is an excellent nutrition choice for those looking for a lower carb recipe.
Health Benefits of Chicken
I like to cut make on red meat whenever I can, and one of the easiest ways to do that is by making ground chicken or turkey instead. However, look for ground breast meat or packages that say 90% lean ground chicken or turkey, because typically packaged poultry is usually made from dark meat, and skin is added in. Generally, the thighs and legs (dark meat) tend to be more flavorful, but higher in fat. This is why I try to look for ground breast meat instead. This chicken slider recipe is the perfect use of ground chicken breast.
Lean Ground Chicken Nutrition Facts
One 4-ounce serving of chicken breast usually contains about 160 calories and is a great source of lean protein. It is not only a great source of protein but rich in vitamins and minerals. Iron, B vitamins, potassium, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, and selenium.
If you typically eat red meat and opt instead for a lean chicken, you can help reduce your cholesterol levels by lowering the amount of saturated fat you are consuming. Chicken is also a great source of B vitamins, which help in energy production, as well as help form red blood cells in the body.
Ground chicken has a mild flavor profile, which means it will take on the flavor of whatever seasonings you choose to use for the recipe. You can go Italian with oregano, parsley, and basil, or Mexican by using cumin in a recipe. You can check out my recipe for the best Mexican chicken burger. The possibilities are endless with ground chicken recipes. I hope you get a chance to make my easy sun-dried tomato chicken slider recipe this week.
If you want to try out some other chicken recipes for the health and beauty benefits of adding chicken into your diet, try out tasty & healthy chicken salad lettuce wraps, or my keto-friendly banging butter chicken.
Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Sliders
- 1 pound Ground Chicken
- ½ small Onion (ﬁnely chopped)
- 2 tablespoon Sun-Dried Tomatoes (packed in oil & chopped)
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Basil (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground black Pepper
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, onion, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- To form sliders, take a spoonful of mixture and shape a patty that is 2 to 3 inches (5 to 7.5 cm) in diameter.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high and add the coconut oil. Carefully place the patties in the pan, as many as possible, without touching. Once the patties start to brown, carefully turn them, and cook for a few more minutes so they can brown.
- Then turn the heat down to low and cook for about 7 more minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle. Snack on them as is, or turn them into a meal by using them to top a salad.
Enjoy This Tasty Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Slider Recipe!
If you make any of my ground chicken recipes, let me know in the comment section below.
I would also love to hear what you think, or take a photo and tag me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva
Leave a Reply