For a simple spring lunch, try this Thai crunch salad bowl recipe. The bold flavors are truly out of this world, and the veggies add a nice crunch. Learn how to make this delicious Thai salad recipe. This Thai crunch salad is the perfect meal prep for lunch during the week. Plus, you will find yourself making this Chili-Lime Thai salad dressing recipe for all your salads, and even as a protein option marinade for tofu, steak, and even chicken.
As the weather starts to warm up, I love salads daily for lunch. They are quick, nutritious, and easy to prepare. The flavors in this salad are truly bold. Consider it simply on its own, or pair it with a protein of choice. I added some grilled chicken breast to this salad, and it becomes Thai crunch chicken salad. If you are vegetarian, try tempeh. Pescatarian friends out there can try some cooked shrimp.
Ingredients for a Thai Crunch Salad Recipe
Cabbage Coleslaw Blend: This a must have ingredient for the "crunch" factor to the salad recipe.
Tomatoes: A burst of fresh tomatoes truly makes a salad one to crave.
Walnuts: More "crunch" factor and a delicious flavor from walnuts will have you craving this lunch recipe.
Avocado: This ingredient adds a healthy dose of good for you fats to your salad.
Bell Peppers: Try either yellow or red bell peppers, or even a mixture of both.
Almond Butter: This is the key to turn any Asian Thai salad dressing into an elevated dressing recipe.
Fresh Herbs: A blend of fresh basil, cilantro, and mint adds a freshness to the recipe.
Thai Crunch Salad Bowl Recipe
- ¼ cup Chili-Lime Dressing (recipe follows)
- 2 tablespoons Almond Butter (or Sunflower Seed Butter)
- 2 Tomatoes (quartered)
- ¼ cup Walnuts (chopped)
- 1 Yellow or Red Bell Pepper (thinly sliced)
- 4 cups Cabbage Coleslaw Blend)
- 1 Avocado (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablepsoons Fresh Basil (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Mint Leaves (chopped)
- 1 Scallion (thinly sliced)
- Sesame Seeds
- Cooked Tempeh, Baby Shrimp, or Chicken (Extra Protein Option)
- Place all salad ingredients into a large salad bowl.
- Whisk together the dressing and almond/sunflower butter in a large mixing bowl. Toss in all remaining ingredients and mix well before serving.
Below you will find the recipe for my easy Chili Lime Thai salad dressing. This dressing recipe can also be used for marinating protein sources, like tofu, chicken, fish, or beef.
Chili Lime Thai Salad Dressing
- Combine all ingredients in a jar with a lid. Shake well until smooth. Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days in the refrigerator.
Let Me Know How You Like This Thai Crunch Salad Bowl Recipe!
Did you make this healthy crunch salad bowl recipe? I would love to hear if you love this as much as I do. What other recipes did you make with my Asian Thai salad dressing recipe? Let me know in the comments below. You can also connect with me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva
POPULAR SALAD RECIPES FOR YOU TRY:
- Easy superfood salad with cilantro tahini dressing
- Easy to make massaged kale with fennel salad
- Healthy & delicious Mediterranean buddha bowl