This coconut matcha bliss balls recipe is the easiest healthy quick treat. You can make these vegan bliss balls with only a few simple ingredients. This simple recipe is vegan, gluten-free, healthy, and paleo-friendly. If you are looking for a delicious healthy snack to curb your afternoon sugar cravings, then this is the perfect snack.
These energy bites are a great pick me up, and they are so easy to prep. I love to make a batch of these and store them in the freezer until I am ready to eat. You can make them with or without melted chocolate over the top. The healthy fats from the coconut will satisfy you, especially if you need a simple, well-balanced snack to hold you over until dinnertime.
Matcha Health Benefits
Matcha powder is made from green tea leaves and is high in antioxidants. You probably have heard of matcha before, and even had a matcha latte. But you may not know all the amazing health benefits associated with matcha.
Matcha contains caffeine and l-theanine, and this combination will give you an energy boost without the crash normally associated with coffee. The l-theanine has been shown to boost the production of alpha waves in the brain, which helps you focus and stay more alert.
Matcha green tea is a known super food. This tea has a high antioxidant rate, which helps protect the body from free radicals. Matcha is also immune boosting. There are special catechin antioxidants called EGCg, which are effective at warding off bacterial and viral infections.
Learn to Make Coconut Matcha Energy Bliss Balls!
Vegan Coconut Matcha Energy Bliss Balls
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 ½ teaspoons matcha powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup melted coconut butter
- Handful of almonds raw (about 10-12).
- 1. Place all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender, and blend until well combined. The mixture should be a bit crumbly.
- 2. Place the bowl in the refrigerator or freezer for 15 minutes to make it easier to roll out. Scoop out about 1 tablespoon of mixture and roll into balls. Enjoy.
- Optional: Roll in additional shredded coconut or dip into melted chocolate. If you dip into melted chocolate, put the bliss balls back into the freezer to ensure that the chocolate hardens a bit.
Enjoy These Vegan Coconut Matcha Bliss Balls!
If you make this recipe for my matcha bliss energy balls, let me know in the comment section below. I would also love to hear what you think, or take a photo and tag me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva
Leave a Reply