Calling all matcha lovers out there, I have a delicious matcha chocolate covered almond recipe for you. The dark sweet chocolate mixed with antioxidant rich green tea powder is just the sweet heavenly afternoon treat for you. A nice balanced healthy snack of matcha chocolate covered almonds will be on repeat weekly.
How are Chocolate Covered Almonds Made?
The process of covering dark chocolate over heart healthy almonds is actually quite easy. Simply melt your chocolate pieces in the microwave or over low heat on the stove, and then gently coat the almonds in chocolaty goodness. Place the almonds in the refrigerator to set up and enjoy.
Does Matcha and Chocolate Go Together?
Matcha and chocolate are a very popular flavor combination. If you have never tried matcha green tea powder, it has a bit of an earthy flavor. This earthy flavor profile of matcha paired with a dark chocolate makes these almonds truly stand out as a flavor bomb.
Matcha Chocolate Covered Almonds Recipe
- 1 cup almonds Optional: Lightly toasted
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder
- Melt chocolate either in the microwave in 30 second intervals or a double boiler on the stove top. If melting in the microwave, stir in between each 30 second session. Continuously stir if melting in the double boiler.
- Lightly toast your almonds in the oven for a few minutes. This step is optional, but it does enhance the flavor of the nuts.
- Next, using two forks, gently coat each almond with the melted chocolate. Using the two fork method, lift the almonds out of chocolate and drip off the excess.
- Place each almond on a parchment lined cooking sheet or baking dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until the chocolate sets up and hardens.
- Remove from fridge and transfer the almonds to a glass jar with a lid. Add in matcha powder to the glass jar. Shake and toss the almonds around to coat the chocolate covered almonds with the matcha powder. Enjoy.
Enjoy These Delicious Green Tea Chocolate Covered Almonds Today!
If you make this matcha almond recipe, let me know in the comment section below. An easy to make delicious antioxidant rich green tea inspired chocolate almond recipe that tastes delicious too. Let me know in the comments below if you try this recipe.
You can also connect with me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva
Leave a Reply