Do you want a quick and easy back to school lunch or dinner recipe? Well, try my summer fresh Greek pasta salad recipe made with feta, chickpeas and the best dressing today. It's a quick and easy dinner or lunch recipe that comes together in under 30 minutes.
This is the perfect family barbecue recipe or quick back to school dinner recipe idea.
This is the Greek pasta salad that will make preparing dinner quick and easy. It is packed full of flavor thanks to the olives, garlic, and oregano. Simply toss all ingredients in pasta and yummy Greek inspired veggies. It's that easy, but seriously, so good.
Greek Pasta Salad Ingredients
Here's everything you need to make this delicious salad recipe. This recipe couldn't be any easier if I tried to. I highly recommend using all the ingredients without any substitutes, but sometimes for health, nutrition, or aversions, you have to make a swap. Enjoy.
- Gluten-Free Pasta: As a celiac, I always use gluten-free pasta, but regular pasta works just fine too.
- Kalamata Olives: Always remove the pits before preparing.
- Feta Cheese: I prefer to buy feta in a whole block of cheese instead of pre-crumbled, because it dries out quickly. It's super easy to crumble before using in a recipe.
- Chickpeas: Canned chickpeas not only add extra fiber, but also another layer of texture to this Greek pasta salad recipe. Be sure to drain and rinse well to reduce the sodium content.
- Cucumber: I prefer an English cucumber in this recipe, but you can use any cucumber that you have on hand. The flavor will remain similar.
- Tomato: Roma tomatoes are my go-to tomatoes for this recipe.
- Red Onion: I highly recommend a red onion instead of a white or yellow onion. The flavor in a red onion is unique to Greek flavors.
- Lemon Juice: Fresh lemon juice is always best, but the bottled kind works too.
- Olive Oil: I love to use extra-virgin oil oil in all my salads because of the light fresh flavor, but also the healthy fats it adds to the recipe. You can swap it for any avocado oil you have on hand. Learn more about avocado oils here.
- Seasonings: Fresh oregano, salt, and pepper are my go to Greek seasonings.
- Garlic: If you don't like garlic, omit. If you prefer to ward off a vampire, add in extra garlic. I prefer more garlic.
See recipe card below for quantities.
Easy Greek Pasta Salad Dressing:
I used these ingredients in the pasta salad recipe above. However, if you simply want to use this dressing on other salads or for a quick chicken marinade, check out the Greek pasta salad dressing recipe.
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ Lemon, juiced
- 1 clove of Fresh Garlic
- 1 handful of Fresh Oregano (chopped) or (½ teaspoon dried oregano)
- 1 Pinch each of Salt & Pepper
Combine everything in a mason jar and shake. Simply pour over any salad or use as a quick marinade for veggies or protein sources, like tofu, chicken, or beef.
Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
- 6 ounces Gluten-Free Pasta Spiral shape (Cooked to package directions)
- 1 medium English Cucumber (Chopped)
- 1 large Tomato (Chopped)
- ½ small Red Onion (Thinly sliced)
- 1 handful Fresh Oregano (Chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (Minced)
- ½ cup Kalamato Olives
- ¼ cup Feta Cheese (Crumbled)
- 1 15-ounce can Chickpeas (Drained & rinsed)
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Lemon (Juiced)
- 1 pinch Salt (to taste)
- 1 pinch Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Prepare pasta, then cool to room temperature, or chill.
- Add pasta to a medium mixing bowl with remaining ingredients.
- Toss gently to combine, then rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide between two serving bowls, and enjoy!
- Cheese - instead of feta cheese, you can use dairy-free feta cheese.
- Vegan - the feta cheese can be easily swapped for your favorite vegan cheese.
Store any delicious leftovers of this pasta salad in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, if your meal prep this recipe for an upcoming picnic or gathering is important, it's best to keep salad and dressing separate if you want it to last up to a week.
I like to let this rest for 5 minutes before serving. This allows the dressing to enhance the flavor of the pasta. Although, sometimes you just have to dive right in and enjoy it. Sometimes, it's too good to wait.
ENJOY THIS SUMMER FRESH GREEK PASTA SALAD RECIPE!
If you make this recipe for my quick and easy pasta salad made with feta cheese, let me know in the comment section below.
In addition, I would also love to hear what you think, or take a photo and tag me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva
Looking for other healthy salad recipes like this? Try these: